Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I still have my arms and fingers

Photobucket
Photobucket
this is going to be one part of my wooden sculpture. No real purpose or meaning really just a random design although it is supposed to be similar and or related to constructivism sculpture (I think i might have mentioned that before). Let me just say that this, as simple as it looks, took me about 5 hrs. Haha and all of that is still not glued and or screwed together yet. It'll have 2 more side forking out, so it'll kinda look like a plus sign when it's done if you were viewing it from the top. I plan on spray painting it...I think black (feel free to suggest) and then I want to do stripes on it somewhere and add purple yarn... do NOT ask me why but I have this weird fixation with purple yarn and this project together as an idea. Ever since our professor told me about this project I just felt like I needed to add purple yarn to the wood. SO so so random and weird, I am aware.
Other than that I worked out like a mad man tonight for the first time in a long time thanks to Ninas text inviting me to go. It felt good. I'm hopefully going to become healthier and look a lil bit nicer too :0) Ha. Off to sleep I go. Night Y'all.
ps. I'm excited about the weekend! Cara, Kelly, and my bestie Lauren all in Austin! Boyfriend in 2 weeks and 1 day THANK YOU GOODNESS!

3 comments:

  1. you should definitely paint racing stripes on it. those pretty much always smooth everything out. maybe a green stripe with red borders. or whatever really. any kind of racing stripes. that's the key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'm thinking more of diagonal stripes..you'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i mean you can do diagonal stripes too. i just feel that racing stripes are really imperative, especially on immobile objects.

    ReplyDelete